Maselec EQ plug-in version by Acustica-Audio
Thursday 19 Mar 2015 09:22
Maselec EQ, excellent plug-in version by Acustica-Audio: Ivory IAE-2
- Input & Output knobs control plug-in input and output gain.
- The PRE-IN button enables (lamp ON) or bypasses (lamp OFF) the preamp stage of Ivory Eq.
- BYPASS button sets to bypass the plug-in (lamp ON) ) or not-bypasses (lamp OFF)
- Input Trim: This knob sets the input level from -24dB to +24dB, and is used to control the signal level inside the eq, the output level is than automatically compensated by the same amount of gain. At the first execution of the plug-in, input is set to ensure that you feed an appropriate level from the first stage of your signal path to the final one.
- INPUT – OUTPUT VU METER measure the input (upper meter) and output (lower meter) levels of the plug-in.
Each band is controlled independently by an identical set of controls; sections are Low Frequency 1, Low Frequency 2, High Frequency 1 and High Frequency 2, each section has controls for:
Parametric Bands/Q: available value for Q are: shelf, 4, 6, 9, 14 and 20 (although these vary depending on gain and bandwidth selection).
Here the list of available frequencies for each band:
- Low Frequency 1 (Hz): 19, 22, 26, 31, 37, 43, 51, 60, 71, 84, 98, 114, 134, 158, 185, 218, 258, 305, 364, 435, 540;
- Low Frequency 2 (Hz): 21, 24, 29, 34, 41, 48, 57, 67, 79, 92, 108, 126, 148, 173, 203, 240, 280, 332, 400, 477, 572;
- High Frequency 1 (Hz): 617, 727, 862, 1k, 1k2, 1k4, 1k7, 2k0, 2k4, 2k8, 3k3, 3k9, 4k6, 5k4, 6k4, 7k6, 9k0, 11k, 13k, 17k, 24k;
- High Frequency 2 (Hz): 665, 787, 937, 1k1, 1k3, 1k5, 1k8, 2k2, 2k6, 3k0, 3k6, 4k2, 5k0, 5k9, 7k0, 8k2, 9k7, 12k, 14k, 19k, 27k;
Cut/boost values range from -8dB to 8dB.
Ivory IAE-2 will be issued in bundle containing two versions: Mastering and Standard. The Mastering version is based on a more precise Q control at the expense of a slower band loading time.
Estimated release date: April-2015